Women have always faced issues when it comes to their monthly cycles and intimate hygiene. Those five days every month are filled with pain, mood swings, and irritation. Although, periods are natural which happens to every woman on this planet. The irritation can be minimized if we use the best menstrual products from the best brands.
Many girls opt for pads over tampoons and menstrual cups. But are you aware that around 90 percent of manufactured pads are made up of plastic? Moreover, these used pads are not disposed of properly always. Therefore, it puts up a critical environmental threat.
Hence, we need something more sustainable and efficient to stop the menstrual blood from staining our clothes. Menstrual cups are the best alternative which is both eco-friendly and highly efficient than sanitary pads and tampons.
But what are these menstrual cups? How to use these menstrual cups? And where can you find the best menstrual cup in India? I will answer all your questions through this article. Let us first know, what are menstrual cups and how to use them.
WHAT ARE MENSTRUAL CUPS and HOW TO USE A MENSTRUAL CUP?
Menstrual cups are the most efficient feminine hygiene product. It is usually made up of latex, silicone, or plastic polymer. The menstrual cup looks like a funnel-shaped basket with a small projection at the lower part. It is flexible and up to some extent stretchable also.
Mostly, all the menstrual cups manufactured are re-usable. Its main purpose is to collect period fluid. On average, a menstrual cup can last up to 10 years. Unlike sanitary pads and tampons, menstrual cups collect period blood rather absorbing it. You may wonder why menstrual cups are the most efficient? That is because it requires a one-time investment, and lasts way better than single-use pads and tampons.
HOW TO USE A MENSTRUAL CUP?
- The first thing you need to do before using a menstrual cup is to conduct the juice test. You need to assure that your cup is leak-proof. Simply, you need to hold your cup upright and pour any fruit juice available. You can even use colored water. If there are no leaks, then the cup is fit for use.
- The next important thing which one must do is sanitize the menstrual cup. You can either use baby wipes or put them in hot water for a few minutes.
- While inserting the menstrual cup in your vagina, fold the rim so that it can be inserted easily. Place it right before the cervix end. Once inside, twist the cup via the small handle projection to adjust it. The periphery of the menstrual cup should touch the vaginal wall. You can also watch some youtube videos for the proper reference. A properly placed menstrual cup does not leak.
- Now the question arises when to empty your menstrual cup? That depends upon your period flow. A menstrual cup is changed from 4-12 hours. But you must not keep your cups unemptied for more than 12 hours.
- To keep your menstrual cup smell free, use scents or perfumes. After every use of your menstrual cup, thoroughly clean your menstrual cup to keep it odor-free.
- If your cup smells too bad, throw it away immediately. If you start to leak, don’t try to repair or seal. Buy a new one.
- Most importantly, get yourself a menstrual cup that fits your vagina size. Conventionally you can measure that yourself by inserting your index finger in your vagina and estimating the average size. Or else, you can consult a doctor if required.
WHICH IS THE BEST MENSTRUAL CUP IN INDIA?
Now that we are aware of what is a menstrual cup and how to use it, we need to now look at the best menstrual cups that are available in India.
You can easily get the desired size of the menstrual cup in a chemist store. Moreover, you can even buy the same from online e-commerce websites like Nykaa and Amazon.
For full detail on how to use a menstrual cup, click on the link below
BEST MENSTRUAL CUP FOR BEGINNERS IN INDIA
Everything is a first time for everyone at some point of time or the other. Around 80 percent of women in India who have access to menstrual products use sanitary pads as the main feminine hygiene product. But pads have several hazardous effects on our environment. Moreover, in most cases, the used pads are not disposed of properly. Compared to the pads, menstrual cups are more eco-friendly and efficient.
If you are someone who is planning to shift to using menstrual cups then below is the list of brands that are the best.
1)The Diva cup
For every beginner, diva cups are the best when it comes to menstrual cups. The diva company has launched 3 models of menstrual cups. Out of which you can buy your required model according to your age or your flow.
- The diva cups are made up of premium quality and high-grade durable silicone. It becomes more flexible with body heat. So you need not worry about the rigidity of this commodity when it is new.
- Diva cups are 100 percent leak proof. Under the rim of every diva cup, there are four air holes that hold the cup right at its place.
- The diva menstrual cups are easy to remove and insert. As it has special grip lines among its stem.
- Moreover, you can even trim your diva cups slightly up to 1/4th on an inch.
- And the best part, all diva cups are non-dyed and chemical proof.
- A diva cup costs around Rs.500
2)Stonesoup wings Menstrual cups
Unlike ordinary menstrual cups which have an elongated stem, the stonesoup menstrual cups are stem free. It is shaped like a budding tulip and has a projection on the lower part for the grip.
- Stonesoup cups are perfect for overnight use. There is an assured guarantee that you won’t feel anything wet.
- Although, the cup looks very small in size. But it is capable enough to hold a good quantity of the period fluid.
- You can easily pee or poo while having your menstrual cup. Moreover, you can even go swimming or dancing while being carefree about the leaks.
- The stonesoup menstrual cups are made up of premium quality silicon. The best part, it is proudly made in India.
- On average, each cup costs around Rs.900
Everyone tries to get the best product from the best brand. If you want something branded and of high-quality, then you can go for this exclusive lunette menstrual cup at a comparatively higher cost.
- Lunette cups are the best menstrual cup as it is crafted in Finland and manufactured in Cannada.
- It is a pure vegan product and 100 percent organic. Therefore, it is the best reusable menstrual cup you can ever get.
- The flat stem of the menstrual cup has ridges. This ensures a secure removal and insertion of the menstrual cup.
- The inner walls of the cup are very smooth. This makes you easy to discard the period fluid.
- You can buy these premium menstrual cups at the rate of Rs.2000 from Amazon.
4)BOONDH Menstrual cup
When it comes to the best brand for a beginner, especially a teenager. Then Boondh menstrual cups are the best.
- You may wonder what makes this simple menstrual cup extraordinary. Well, it is the double broad rims which make it stick to the vagina wall very easily. Hence, it is very easy to place.
- Moreover, the small stem with grip ridges makes it easy to remove also.
- Boondh menstrual cups are made with 100 percent medical silicone. So you don’t need to worry about any irritation or side effects.
- The product comes packed in a beautiful cotton pouch and user manual.
- You can easily buy this from e-commerce websites like Amazon at the rate of Rs.590
5)Sirona Pro Super Soft Reusable
Sirona is known for making one of the finest menstrual cups of premium quality. The material used in manufacturing these cups is as same as used in infant nipples, catheters.
- With Sirona Pro menstrual cups you can be fully assured about the best quality of medical silicone.
- Sirona cups are the best modern, eco-friendly, and economical alternative to experience irritation-free periods.
- Apart from being spill-proof, this cup is odor-free too. Moreover, Sirona cups easily adjust with your body and ensures stain-proof periods.
- As FDA approved, Sirona cups are perfect use by any skin-type.
- These cups are available at the rate of Rs.590
BEST MENSTRUAL CUP IN INDIA
The menstrual cup is a revolutionary product in the world of feminine hygiene. As people get aware of this efficient alternative, they’ll look forward to buying it. But as a rational consumer, we must look at our domestic market for the best-offered product.
So now let us check the best brands available in India for the best menstrual cups.
1)PEE SAFE reusable menstrual cups
Menstrual cups may seem comparatively costlier for the first time. But it is highly cost-efficient when calculated in the longer run. Still, if you are somebody who is looking for cheaper yet the best menstrual cup in India, then Pee Safe is the brand you can go with.
- Pee safe menstrual cups have undergone Vaginal Membrane Irritation test, and are FDA approved. Hence, you can wear them carefree even during a pool party.
- This cup is reusable for up to five hours. Moreover, you can wear it at one go for up to 12 hours.
- It is 100 percent toxin-free and eco-friendly. Pee safe menstrual cups come with markings for measurement. With this, you can even take care of your heavy flow days, and low flow days.
- The extreme end of the stem is broad enough for easy grip. You can easily remove it and insert it
- Buy it for just Rs.360.
2)WOW Freedom Reusable Menstrual Cup and wash
This wonderful combo contains a menstrual cup and a bottle of cup-cleanser. WOW, menstrual cups are not just pocket-friendly, they are cost-efficient as well.
- Enriched with tea tree oil, the cups provides an odor-free period experience.
- Formulated with lactic acid the menstrual cups help in maintaining the pH of the Vagina.
- Made up of super soft medical silicone, you can wear it for jogging, swimming, or any other activity.
- WOW, cups meet all the required quality standards. Moreover, the 60 ml wash is 100 percent chemical-free.
- You can buy this exclusive kit from Nykaa at Rs.364
3)iCare Hygienic Menstrual Cup
iCare manufactures the best menstrual cup in India which collects 3 times more period fluid than an average sanitary pad. It is available in two sizes, one which holds 25 ml. The other size has a capacity of 35 ml.
- The best menstrual cup which you can reuse up to 10 years. Moreover, it so soft and flexible that you won’t even feel as if you are wearing it.
- iCare cups are easy to use and easy to clean. The special grip design makes it even more efficient to use.
- It does not cause any dryness or itchiness. As it collects period fluid, unlike the tampons or pads which absorb.
- You can get these at Rs.499.
Go periods in an eco-friendly way. Buy this best organic menstrual cup you can get in India. Recognized by several awards and titles, this brand ensures to make the best organic menstrual cup.
- OrganiCups are 100 percent vegan products. Like all other menstrual cups, it can hold the period fluid for 12 hours.
- 1 cup is equivalent to around 500 pads. That means 2 years of menstrual products. Just imagine, that with one simple change you make, you can save planet earth.
- A small size menstrual cup is even smaller than the badminton cork. So you can easily fit it inside your vagina.
- As this product is very efficient, it costs a higher amount. You can buy it from Amazon at Rs.3000
5)Ladygo Reusable Menstrual Cup
Before buying any product, we all concerned about the safety standards of a product. So if you are someone who is highly concerned about safety, then I suggest you buy the best and the safest menstrual cup in India.
- LadyGo Menstrual Cup is hypoallergenic, latex-free, phthalate-free, BPA free, and dioxin free.
- This menstrual cup is made from high quality, 100% waterproof, super soft, medical-grade silicone.
- Leak-proof up to 12 hrs. Wash and Reuse any number of times. Clearly, the best reusable menstrual cup.
- Moreover, the pack comes along with a special storage case. So when not in use, you can easily keep your cup at ease.
- You can Buy this from Nykaa at Rs.895
Check out these trendy articles:
Menstrual cups are gradually taking over the feminine hygiene products market due to its efficiency. But as it is a product which would be used in the long run, you may find it difficult to certain which brand’s product will suit you the best. For that reason, you can first buy any menstrual cup from the beginner’s section. And as you get comfortable using menstrual cups, you can shift to more advanced ones. I hope that you will find this article helpful. Take a step towards the change- environment-friendly periods!