Holla shopaholics! I am back with another blog post. So this festive season, I had decided to gift myself some great beauty and makeup products from the best brands in India. I happened to buy myself the entire range of Lakme foundations ( Because it was a sale!). But then I realized that I didn’t know the proper method of how to apply foundation of Lakme. So that’s when I consulted my beautician friend and she explained to me the entire Dos and Dont’s of how to apply Foundation of Lakme.
I am sure there are many people like me who happen to buy products but don’t know the proper method to use it. And therefore here I am to share with you all everything I know about Lakme foundations. Lakme is the best cosmetic brand whose products are both affordable and supreme. Therefore, you just don’t need to worry about your pocket expenses.
Makeup is like an art! It has never been gender-biased. A foundation can be applied both by a woman and a man. All you need to know is the perfect trick of how to apply foundation in order to get the perfect result. So in this blog, first I will talk about what is a foundation makeup? What is its use?
In the second section, I will share with you the exclusive trick of how to apply foundation of Lakme so that you can get just the perfect makeup look! And lastly, I will share with you the review with the price on the entire range of foundation of Lakme.
Let’s get started!!!
WHAT IS A FOUNDATION MAKEUP
Foundations are a type of facial cosmetics. It is like drawing a canvas before the main makeup art. It can either be oil-based, powder-based, or water-based. Foundation is basically that makeup product which provides a base to your entire makeup.
It can be applied both on the face and on the hands. Its main purpose is to provide a blemish-free smoothly finished layer for easy makeup application. It is the most basic and important element of every make-up kit. Foundations give uniformity to your facial structure. It can cover and hide your blemishes, scars, dark spots, and pores. You can also use a foundation for achieving one tone lighter than your actual face tone.
To get a perfect flawless canvas for your face makeup, the foundation is something that you must have. If you have oily skin, then you can use a powder-based foundation. On the other hand, if you have dry skin, you can use a water-based or an oil-based foundation.
We know what is a foundation in makeup. But how can you apply it properly? Let us see that too.
HOW TO APPLY LAKME FOUNDATION
There are three ways and three looks which you need to know on how to apply foundation of Lakme. A layer of foundation can be applied for three types of looks, namely- light or sheer, moderate or opaque, and heavily layered look. For all three types of look, there are three different ways of application. About which I will take one by one.
Before sharing with you the techniques on how to apply the foundation of Lakme, there are two things you need to always remember. Number one is that always use a primer or a moisturizer of your choice prior to the application of foundation. This acts as a pre-base. The second thing is that get yourself a shade that is close to your skin tone.
HOW TO APPLY FOUNDATION ON FACE
The first technique of applying foundation cosmetics is by brush. If you have a round-shaped or an oval-shaped broad makeup brush, then you are all set to go. All you need to do is take an ample amount of liquid foundation, cream foundation, or powder foundation and pat it like droplets all over your face. To cover blemishes or scars, apply a bit more foundation on that particular area. Now just follow a circular movement while spreading foundation droplets all over your face.
The second way is that you can use the same technique with your fingers. For better results, apply more foundation in the darker areas of your skin. Now just dab it all over your face just like you apply a face cream, but don’t get too harsh.
The third and most common way of applying a foundation is with the help of a sponge. This is more suitable for liquid foundation. In this technique instead of applying foundation on the face, you need to pour some on the sponge and then apply it on the face with a circular movement. But there is one important thing which you should make sure of. Be it a brush, be it your fingers, or be it the sponge. Make sure it is well cleaned prior to any use.
Apply just one layer of foundation if you want a sheer look. You can go with the second layer for a more prominent and flawless face canvas. And for a perfect professional foundation base, go forward with the third layer.
Looking for more beauty products review? Check out our other blog posts now:
BEST FOUNDATION OF LAKME
So my dear readers now that you know what is a foundation makeup? and how to apply foundation of Lakme? It’s now time to know all about the foundation range by Lakme. Lakme face cosmetics includes a beautiful range of all types of foundation. They have a weightless mouse foundation, and also have waterproof foundations.
I will share with you every detail about each Lake foundation so that you can easily choose the one which suits your skin type the best. Now let us get started!
LAKMÉ PERFECTING LIQUID FOUNDATION
The first in the series is this one which is the most basic. Many makeup lovers prefer liquid foundation as it is very easy while applying. For Lakme liquid foundation you can use both brush and sponge. And if you don’t have either, then as I had explained to you earlier, you can use your fingers too.
LAKMÉ PERFECTING LIQUID FOUNDATION ADVANTAGES:
- Lakme liquid foundation is an enriched silicone-based foundation. This is what makes it water-resistant.
- But many people are afraid of buying water-proof cosmetics as it dehydrates your skin. This case is not with Lakme liquid foundation.
- Lakme liquid foundation is enriched with Vitamin E which will ensure that your skin is nourished the entire time you wear this foundation.
- Lakme perfecting liquid foundation is available in 4 different skin shades. Here’s a trick I would like to share with those who have a darker skin tone. You can mix some amount of brown eye shadow powder to achieve a foundation close to your skin tone.
- The best part about the Lakme liquid foundation is that it is suitable for all skin types. In addition to that, it comes with an oil-free formula. This would ensure that you can wear it for longer durations.
- Lakme liquid foundation covers all blemishes, scars, and pores. It is a 100 percent guarantee that this foundation will give you a complete flawless canvas.
- Its original cost is Rs.155, but you can buy the same from Amazon for Rs.135
LAKMÉ PERFECTING LIQUID FOUNDATION DISADVANTAGES:
- As this Lakme foundation is the liquid base, it would require only a small amount of the same for application. By chance, if you overdo your foundation, your entire makeup look will get spoiled.
- After applying foundation on your face you would need to wait for it to dry or set upon the applied area. If you start applying makeup in a haste, it would result in a messy makeup look.
LAKMÉ ABSOLUTE 3D COVER FOUNDATION
As the name suggests 3D, this Lakme foundation ensures to give your uneven skin the smoothest finish for a flawless look. Unlike the Lakme liquid foundation, this is available in 10 different shades. Yes, there are 10 shades! So you can easily buy yourself the one which suits best for your skin tone.
LAKMÉ ABSOLUTE 3D COVER FOUNDATION ADVANTAGES:
- Lakme absolute 3d foundation is another liquid foundation in the beautiful range of Lakme face cosmetics. It covers all patches, blemishes, and pores in just one stroke.
- Lakme 3D foundation comes in a cute looking bottle with a pump. Unlike other liquid foundation bottles, you don’t need to take care of opening the cap. Simply pump and you are all set.
- Lakme absolute 3D foundation gives you the most perfect and velvet finish.
- You won’t even believe that you have applied cosmetics in the first place. In addition to that, your skin will feel like a smooth feather.
- You can make this wonderful foundation yours for Rs.750
LAKMÉ ABSOLUTE 3D COVER FOUNDATION DISADVANTAGES:
- Although Lakme absolute 3D foundation provides the best makeup finish, it is very expensive compared to other foundations.
- Also, the amount you get in this hefty amount is quite small. You also need to make sure that your foundation doesn’t dry up easily.
LAKMÉ 9TO5 WEIGHTLESS MOUSSE FOUNDATION
If you are looking for a foundation by Lakme which gives you a light makeup look and comes in 12 wonderful skin shades, then Lakme weightless mousse foundation is the perfect foundation for you.
LAKMÉ 9TO5 WEIGHTLESS MOUSSE FOUNDATION ADVANTAGES:
- Lakme 9 to 5 weightless mousse foundation comes in a tube container. It is easy to apply because the tube makes no wastage while using the foundation.
- The sleek style of the Lakme mousse foundation makes it easy to carry anywhere anytime. ON top of that, the Lakme mousse foundation is available in a pack of 6 grams and 25 grams.
- Lakme Weightless foundation is best for beginners who don’t know how to apply foundation of Lakme. The lightweight formula of this foundation makes it super comfy to wear and conceals every patch of uneven skin for flawless face canvas.
- This foundation also includes SPF 8 formula which will protect your skin from sun damages. So it works both as a sunscreen and as a foundation.
- Lakme 9 to 5 weightless mousse foundation is perfect for those who are looking for a foundation that stays long, is easy to apply, and results in a super pretty peachy face.
- You can buy the 25 grams Lakme mousse foundation from Amazon for Rs.399
LAKMÉ 9TO5 WEIGHTLESS MOUSSE FOUNDATION DISADVANTAGES:
- Lakme weightless mousse foundation has SPF 8 formula. Therefore it is only suitable for use during the summer or spring season. It can result in discomfort if you use it during winter or monsoon seasons.
LAKMÉ INVISIBLE FINISH SPF 8 FOUNDATION
Many people like me prefer no makeup look for formal meetings. But it’s also necessary to cover up the pores. In that case, you can go with this wonderful invisible foundation of Lakme.
LAKMÉ INVISIBLE FINISH SPF 8 FOUNDATION ADVANTAGES:
- Lakme invisible finish foundation is perfect for the ones who seek ultra-light finish. This foundation blends so smoothly and is so light that it is a 100 percent yes that it won’t even look like you have applied makeup.
- Rather than a face cosmetic, Lakme’s invisible foundation is more of a skincare product. This foundation also has SPF 8 formula to prevent sun damages.
- The foundation has a water-based formula that ensures to lock the moisture of your skin, unlike other cosmetics that dehydrate your skin.
- Also, the water-based formula makes it easy to stay on the skin for a longer duration of time.
- Lakme invisible finish foundation is available in 4 different shades. If none of the shades suit your skin tone, then you can mix white eye shadow powder for a lighter shade. Or you can add brown eye shadow powder to darken the shade.
- Lakme’s invisible foundation will cost you around Rs.280
LAKMÉ INVISIBLE FINISH SPF 8 FOUNDATION DISADVANTAGES:
- This Lakme invisible foundation is not suitable for oily skin.
- This is a type of liquid foundation. Therefore it becomes mandatory to apply it with the help of a brush or a wet cleaned sponge.
LAKMÉ ABSOLUTE SKIN COVER FOUNDATION
There is something about this foundation of Lakme which I love very much. And that is that you never have to sit and decide on how to apply the foundation of Lakme. Because Lakme absolute skin cover foundation covers all your imperfections with just one dosage. You can use your fingers, your brush, or your sponge. Anything will work perfectly with Lakme’s absolute skin cover foundation.
LAKMÉ ABSOLUTE SKIN COVER FOUNDATION ADVANTAGES:
- This wonderful Lakme skin cover foundation is all packed in a pump-up bottle. This container design ensures minimum product wastage every time you take out some for use.
- Unlike some other Lakme foundations, skin cover foundation includes SPF 25 formula. Therefore, you get extra protection from the sun and extra flawless canvas for your makeup.
- The water-based Lakme absolute skin cover foundation is enriched with vitamin B3 so that you get the benefits of natural ingredients in a facial cosmetic.
- Lakme skincare foundation resembles an organic makeup product and gives a finish like a super classy and super smooth canvas.
- Apart from blending easily with your skin texture, it also gives one tone lighter for a fairer look.
- Lakme absolute skin cover foundation also maintains the purity of your skin cell as it includes 100 percent non-hazardous substances. You can be very sure about even and full coverage by this foundation of Lakme.
- the original price of the Lakme skin cover foundation is Rs.800. But you can also buy the same from Amazon for Rs.673.
LAKMÉ ABSOLUTE SKIN COVER FOUNDATION DISADVANTAGES:
- Lakme absolute skin cover foundation has SPF 25 formula. Therefore you can use it only during the summer or spring season. Or else it may cause an uneasy messy look during the winter seasons.
- This foundation has a water-based formula. People having oily skin might face difficulties while wearing it.
- Lakme skincare foundation is available only in 3 shades.
LAKMÉ 9TO5 FLAWLESS MAKEUP FOUNDATION
Sometimes, all you want is the matte finish for your makeup look. In that case, go and get yourself this wonderful foundation of Lakme.
LAKMÉ 9TO5 FLAWLESS MAKEUP FOUNDATION ADVANTAGES:
- This foundation of Lakme is perfect for those who want a long-lasting flawless look, especially during work hours.
- If you are someone who hates touching up makeup from time to time then this Lakme foundation is the best for you.
- The foundation is available in 3 different shades. You can choose anyone according to your skin tone. Or else use my eye shadow tip as I have mentioned earlier.
- The foundation comes in a pump dispenser. So even for this foundation, you need to worry less about product wastage.
- All Lakme foundation from the 9 to 5 range are specially crafted for people like you and me who are passionate about work.
- And for work, you need something which is makeup but gives a no-makeup look. Therefore this Lakme foundation is the best to suit all your needs.
- The foundation gives a perfect and flawless makeup finish which is absolutely mattefying. That means you get a face just perfect for everyday wear.
- This foundation will cost you Rs. 600.
LAKMÉ 9TO5 FLAWLESS MAKEUP FOUNDATION DISADVANTAGES:
- Lakme 9 to 5 foundation is something which is for very light use. Therefore you cannot use it for a heavy makeup look.
LAKMÉ ABSOLUTE ARGAN OIL SERUM FOUNDATION
Do you have very dry skin? Then learn how to apply foundation of Lakme that is enriched with serum formula for a super smooth finish. Most foundations are water-based, powder-based, or oil-based. But for the first time, you can get the benefits of both a serum and a makeup foundation in one.
LAKMÉ ABSOLUTE ARGAN OIL SERUM FOUNDATION ADVANTAGES:
- Available in 10 different shades, Lakme serum foundations come in a dropper container. A round cylindrical glass body encloses the foundation, which you can use and apply with the help of a dropper cap.
- Lakme serum foundation comes inclusive of the benefits of a moisturizer. It hydrates your dry patchy skin leaving a smooth flawless canvas.
- What makes this foundation of Lakme super classy is the Moroccan argan oil. It will nourish your skin and give a super sexy makeup skin.
- Lakme serum foundation gives you medium coverage. Therefore it is perfect for those who are not into much makeup look.
- It blends easily with the skin due to its silky fluid texture formula. After the application what you get is an amazing radiant dewy face.
- Like other Lakme foundation, It also has an SPF formula of 45. This ensures no sun damages so that you can wear your makeup even during sunny days.
- Lakme serum foundation is available at the price of Rs. 750
LAKMÉ ABSOLUTE ARGAN OIL SERUM FOUNDATION DISADVANTAGES:
- This foundation is very expensive. But it is worth your cost if you have dry skin and you are looking for a foundation which moisturizes your skin as well
- It contains argan oil. So make sure you are not allergic to it.
- It is no for those who have oily skin.
LAKMÉ 9TO5 PRIMER + MATTE POWDER FOUNDATION
Till now I have been talking about foundations of Lakme which were more or less not suitable for oily skin. But the wait is finally over. Presenting compact styled powder foundation of Lakme.
LAKMÉ 9TO5 PRIMER + MATTE POWDER FOUNDATION ADVANTAGES:
- Do you remember in the earlier section I talked about primer? Before any cosmetic application, a primer is a must. But now you wouldn’t require to apply a primer on a foundation of Lakme separately. Because you can get the benefit of both in this one single Lakme 9 to 5 powder foundation.
- The only way of how to apply the foundation of Lakme is by the compact powder sponge. Therefore, you will no need to worry about a particular technique before applying the foundation to your face.
- This compact powder-based foundation comes with built-in primer formula and is perfect for those who have oily skin.
- It blends effortlessly and is available in 6 different shades. Lakme 9 to 5 primer+matte powder foundation makes sure to cover all your blemishes and wrinkles in one go.
- It has a maximum shelf life of one year and gives a long-lasting matte finish for a flawless face canvas.
- You can buy this foundation of Lakme for Rs. 575. It is also available on Amazon for Rs. 372
LAKMÉ 9TO5 PRIMER + MATTE POWDER FOUNDATION DISADVANTAGES:
- This powder foundation by Lakme is not suitable for those who have dry skin.
- Handle with care, because if the compact falls, your powder cake will break.
LAKMÉ 9 TO 5 PRIMER + MATTE PERFECT COVER FOUNDATION
If we are talking about a primer+foundation, then let us also look at the Lakme 9 to 5 primer+ foundation for dry skin.
LAKMÉ 9 TO 5 PRIMER + MATTE PERFECT COVER FOUNDATION ADVANTAGES:
- This foundation of Lakme is available in 16 different shades! Rather than thinking about how to apply foundation of Lakme, you will be confused about which shade of foundation you should buy.
- The Lakme 9 to 5 foundation has many advantages. It comes with built-in primer formula. Therefore you wouldn’t require a separate primer to apply before applying the foundation
- It will give a perfect matte look for a flawless finish. The foundation is perfect for those who look towards a no-makeup look.
- On top of everything, it is enriched with SPF 20 formula. This will give your face protection against sun damages.
- You can get this wonderful foundation of Lakme at the original price of Rs. 475 for 25 ml bottle.
LAKMÉ 9 TO 5 PRIMER + MATTE PERFECT COVER FOUNDATION DISADVANTAGES:
- This foundation is not for those who have very oily skin.
- Lakme 9 to 5 primer+matte cover foundation will give you light to medium coverage. Therefore if you are looking forward to a heavy makeup look, then you need to apply a second layer for the desired look.
Never stop at one, read our other blog posts as well:
CONCLUSION AND SHOPPER’S GUIDE:
Now that we have seen how to apply foundation of Lakme and also discussed the entire range of Lakme foundation, everything depends on your skin type. Whenever you go shopping for a foundation, first look at the product which will suit your face type. For oily skin, I suggest you go with the powder-based foundation of Lakme. For dry skin, you can buy the one which had the benefits of a moisturizer also. Secondly, look for the base of the foundation. Is it oil-based or water-based? And lastly, you need to see if the facial cosmetic fits in your budget.
If your foundation stands for all the above criteria, now you are all set to decide on how to apply the foundation of Lakme. You can either use your makeup brush, your sponge, or your fingers. Shopping for a beauty product is never easy, and I can say that with my personal experience. Therefore you need a perfect detailed review of each product you look at on the internet.
With this, the blogpost ends here. Let me know in the comment section how helpful this article was for you when you went shopping for the foundation of Lakme. Also do like, share us on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. Till then be safe until I come back with another dashing product review. Happy shopping!