Hello ladies! It’s the festive season. I know how excited it is to get ready, wear beautiful traditional dresses, do make-up, and try all sorts of hairstyles. I guess that is why we all look forward to festivals every year. Because getting ready also gives us satisfaction and happiness. But do you know what is the most tiring part of getting dressed up? Of course, it is styling your hair. No wonder why all saloons are full of reservations during festivals. And therefore I am here to share full details on how to curl straighten with Philips straightener.
Firstly, you have to decide on a perfect hairstyle which would go perfectly with your outfit. Secondly, you have to sit hours while the hairdresser is experimenting on your hair for the desired look. And lastly, this costs too much money and time. So much tiring right?
But what if I say you can get celebrity style hair in your home which would require only a one-time investment. Sounds interesting? All you need to know is the tricks and tips to get saloon styled hair at home. In addition to that, you will require the best hair styling products which of course we are here to tell you.
So today I am going to share with you step by step procedure on how to curl straighten your hair with Philips straightener in the comfort of your home. Also, we will share hand-picked hair care products from the best brand in India, which is Philips. Without any further delay, let’s check out the full detail on how to curl straighten hair with Philips straightener.
HOW TO CURL STRAIGHTEN HAIR WITH PHILIPS STRAIGHTENER
Many people say that they avoid using flat iron because they think it will damage their hair in the longer run. But Philips hair care products are the best of which I can give you a 100 percent guarantee. Firstly, you can trust the brand. We all are aware of the quality of Philips bulbs and other home appliances. No wonder why many people look forward to buying them. So you can be carefree and try hair straighteners from Philips even if it is your first time.
Secondly, because it is Philips you won’t even require additional straightening creams, or hair protecting creams as many hairstylists recommend. All you will require is just a hair serum before use and after use. Therefore, you wouldn’t require setting up a whole parlor corner just for straightening or curling your hair.
Thirdly, Philips straighteners are very easy to use. I have tried and tested them myself. Straightening and curling hair in the home might sound difficult, but you will get perfectly straightened hair in one go. Apart from the reasons listed above, there is one more reason to get yourself a Philips straightener. And that is, it cost-efficient. All you need to do is invest one time. And then you can sway your styled hair every morning before going to the office. Or even in every family gatherings.
So you see my dear readers, there are enough reasons to buy Philips hair straightener. Now let us check how to curl straighten hair with your Philips straightener. You wouldn’t even require a special curler for curling your hair. You can easily do it even with the help of flat iron.
HOW TO CURL STRAIGHTEN HAIR WITH STRAIGHTENER
I have seen so many of my friends and relatives getting special equipment separately both for straightening and curling their hair. But one can even curl her hair using a flat iron. it may sound weird but it is really cool. It is like using one equipment for two purposes. So first I will tell you the step by step procedures on how to perfectly straighten your hair in the comfort of your home. In the next section, I will share with you how to use the same Philips straightener to curl your hair.
HOW TO STRAIGHTEN HAIR
Practice leads to perfection in every art. Straightening your hair in the home can be both thrilling and exciting, especially if you are a beginner in this. But with every use, you will get a better idea of how to use your straightener for straightening your hair. So let us take a look at the first section of how to curl straighten hair with Philips hair straightener.
Firstly, you would require certain equipment to get the desired smooth straight hair. A hair straightener is a must, without which we can not start with our application. Next, you need is a hair serum. It can be from any brand you like. If you don’t have a hair serum, you can even use non-sticky argan hair oil. I also suggest you get yourself a pair of rubber gloves if you are straightening your hair for the first time. the gloves will prevent your hair from getting burnt.
Beauty products shopping confusion? Don’t worry we are here to provide you A to Z solution:
Now I will tell you the set by step procedure on how to straighten your hair in the comfort of your home.
STEP BY STEP PROCEDURE ON HOW TO STRAIGHTEN HAIR
- The first thing before straightening your hair is to ensure that your hair is well conditioned and combed. I suggest you to try straightening your hair on the day you have washed them. Especially if you are doing it for the first time.
- Do make sure that your hair is well dried and is tangled free. Also, you must apply a conditioner to your hair. Because the conditioner makes your hair less tangled free.
- Many of us have dry hair. Therefore you can use hair serum to make your hair smooth and also prevent it from extensive heat damage due to flat iron.
- Before actually straightening your hair, I suggest you practice the technique by dividing your hair into sections. You just need to from top to bottom in each section. Practice it a couple of times to get an idea of how to hold and use your Philips hair straightener.
- Now let us begin the actual game. Divide your hair into two sections- upper and lower. Tie up the upper section in a bun with the help of hairband or hair clips. Take a small part from the lower section and bring it to the front on whichever side( Right or Left) you are comfortable with.
- Take only a small part from the lower section. Because, smaller the section, the easier will it be for you to get the perfect straightened hair. Also, make sure you have worn your rubber gloves. Now slightly pull your sub-section downwards. Comfortably place it between the two ends of the Philips hair straightener. Carefully go down pressing it slowly.
- You have to hold your hair straightener at the lower end for comparatively more seconds because that is the part that is wavier or curvier.
- Another thing which you need to keep in mind is that when in the beginning you place your hair straightener near the roots, don’t place it too close to the scalp.
- Now, all you need to do is repeat the above steps taking small parts from each section. Always start from the bottom and then go to the top. While going from bottom to top, you also need to keep one more pattern in mind and that is sideways- you can either go leftwards or rightwards.
- To elaborate it more specifically, I will give you an example. Suppose you are a righty. You divide your hair into three sections. You start straightening your hair from the lowest section-that is the hair from the lower back of your head.
- Now as you are comfortable with your right hand, you start by taking the smallest part from the lower section, and once it is straightened you put it towards your left side.
- This way, as and as you go on straightening small sections of your hair you put it towards your left side. Therefore, the sideward pattern you follow here is leftwards.
So now you know how to perfectly straighten your hair in the comfort of your home. You can even refer to some videos for visual reference. Next, let us see how you can use the same hair straightener to curl your hair.
HOW TO CURL HAIR
As I have mentioned earlier, you wouldn’t require additional tools or equipment to curl your hair. Curling your hair with the help of flat iron is, even more, simpler than straightening your hair. All you need to know is just two very important things, and that is practice and technique.
This section is the most important in this entire article on how to curl straighten hair with Philips straightener. Without any further description let us completely look at the much-awaited technique on how to curl hair with a Philips hair straightener.
STEP BY STEP PROCEDURE ON HOW TO CURL YOUR HAIR USING A HAIR STRAIGHTENER
- As you had to use hair serum before straightening your hair. In a similar way, you would be required to apply hair serum on your hair before curling it.
- Hair serum helps your hair less prone to heat damages caused by a hair straightener if used several numbers of times. It also makes your hair smoother and conditioned.
- Make sure your hair is well washed, dried, and combed. An untangled clean hair makes your curling experience even more smooth.
- Separate your hair into partitions like you have done while straightening your hair. Even while curling your hair, start taking small parts from the lower section first.
- Follow a similar pattern like you did while straightening your hair that is by going sideways on either side you are comfortable with.
- Now here is the most important trick you need to know while curling your hair with the help of a flat iron. The trick is simple and that is you need to slightly straighten your hair before curling it.
- Simply take a small section of your hair, press the heated hair straightener gently and slightly straighten it. And as you go down while straightening your hair, bend it inwards or outwards ( as you desire) at the roots.
- When you start using your heated hair straightener for the second time, again start from the top. make sure you don’t touch your scalp with the flat iron. As you go downwards, loosely roll your hair section ( 3 or 4 times according to the number of curls you desire).
- Now all you need to do is go with that rolled pattern. The moment you have finished curling your hair, twist your hair section to give it a perfect finish.
- Now all you need to do is repeat the above steps by taking a small section of your hair each time. So you see readers, isn’t it simple to curl your hair with the help of a hair straightener?
Practically, curling takes more time than straightening. because curling involves straightening as well. Most stylists directly start curling the hair. But that method is wrong if you want a professional finish. Straightening before curling always gives a better style and shape to your hair to make it look more flawless. You can also refer to some videos for visual reference.
PHILIPS HAIR STRAIGHTENER AND STRAIGHTENER BRUSH
After a full detail on what is a straightener and how can we use it both for straightening and curling. It’s time to finally check out the best straighteners from the best brand Philips. In this section, I will talk about all the available Philips straighteners models. I will also provide you a full detailed review of the price of each product.
So now that you know how to curl straighten hair with Philips straightener, let us check out all Philip starightener.
1) PHILIPS PRESTIGE STRAIGHTENER BHS830/00
This model of Philips hair straightener comes with SenseIQ technology. It prevents your hair from getting dry and leaves with super smooth finished hair.
- The smart SenseIq technology straightener has an inbuilt sensor. This sensor measures the temperature of your hair and adapts to it.
- The intelligent microprocessor automatically adjusts the temperature to prevent your hair from overheating.
- In addition to that, the sensors ensure to lock 70 percent of the moisture of the hair so that you get healthy finished hair after every straightening.
- You don’t need to worry about damaged hair as the special sense IQ technology retains around 93 percent of your hair strength. Also, it contains three adjustable modes which you can turn in to according to your convenience.
- The specialty of this straightener is that it comes installed with 4 ionic jets. These jets release ions that remove static, eliminate frizz and gives your hair lustrous glossy shine.
- Unlike other conventional straighteners, Philip’s prestige hair straightener easily glides with one stroke due to ultra-smooth plates.
- With Philips hair straighteners, styling your hair is easy and convenient. It has 20 percent larger plates than other hair straighteners and warms up quickly.
- The best part, this straightener comes in a beautiful rolled up pouch. You can easily place it after every use to keep it safe and secure.
- The original price of this straightener is Rs. 9995. But it is available on Amazon at Rs. 8795
2) PHILIPS SELFIE STRAIGHTENER BHS384/00
As the name suggests, this Philips hair straightener is something very cool and trendy.
- This straightener has two temperature settings for an easy and convenient straightening experience at home. So when you need to style for daily purpose, set the temperature at a lower bar. And when you need to get the most professional hairstyle, set the temperature to the higher bar.
- This Philips hair straightener heats up in just 60 seconds. In addition to that, it has ceramic plates that aid ultra-smooth gliding and super straight hair.
- Philips’s hair straightener is made with silk pro care technology. With the help of this technology, the plates of the straightener glide smoothly and cause no friction.
- Plates are smoother than silk glide through your hair with optimized temperature, minimizing friction and resulting in less heat exposure. This will give you silky straightened hair.
- The original price of the Philips selfie straightener is Rs.1745. The same straightener is also available on Amazon and Flipkart at the price of Rs.1299 and Rs.1549 respectively.
3) PHILIPS SELFIE STRAIGHTENER BHS385/06
This is very similar to the above model. The new features include advanced technology and trendy pink color.
- There are two temperature settings- 190*C and 210*C. The lower temperature setting is for extra care to prevent heat damages. And a higher temperature setting is when you need to style your hair in a super professional way.
- the straightener is infused with ceramic plates, which are super comfy to use as it glides just like the butter leaving your hair super silky.
- Enriched with silk pro care technology. This makes your hair not only look beautiful but also healthy.
- It minimizes heat damages up to 95 percent. On the other hand, it also has less friction technology which prevents overheating your hair while straightening it.
- This super new and supercool Philip hair straightener will cost you Rs.1745.
4) PHILIPS KERASHINE STRAIGHTENER HP8316/00
I am sure you are aware of Kerashine therapy. Basically, this therapy is for silky, smooth, and straight hair. These days, even various shampoos and conditioners are enriched with Keratin protein.
- This Philips hair straightener comes with Kerashine technology that leaves your hair super silky and smooth.
- In the special ionic care technology, the negatively charged ions remove frizz and smoothen your air. This intensifies shine and glossiness and makes your hair look even more adorable.
- The special keratin ceramic plates are extra wide and thick. Therefore, the Philips hair straightener is suitable for both thick hair type and thin hair type.
- Feel like a goddess because the specialty of every Philips hair straightener is that it has silk pro care technology. Due to this technology, you get silk hair and healthy hair.
- The hair straightener gives saloon styled hair because of its high-temperature setting of 210*C. Instead of high temperature, I can assure you that it won’t cause overheating while straightening your hair.
- Many of us get tense while untangling the chord of our hair straightener. But this straightener has a swivel cord for the best wire tangle-free experience every time you use.
- The original price of the Philips hair straightener is Rs. 2695
5) PHILIPS ADVANCED KERASHINE STRAIGHTENER BHS378/10
Too much of everything is bad. Even too much keratin protein is bad that may cause some side effects to your hair. Therefore to protect against all odds for a completely satisfying straightening experience, Philips came up with this unique model with advanced features.
- The special ThermoProtect technology distributes heat evenly across the plates, preventing overheating to protect your hair.
- You can precisely style your hair with keratin smooth plates adjusting 6 different temperature settings which range from 160*C to 230*C. Each temperature is indicated with LED lights.
- Lower temperature settings are used for at minute touchups. Higher temperature settings are for professional hair straightening.
- The hair straightener plates are 100 mm long. This makes your hectic hair straightening task super easy and fast.
- Get super fast heated hair straightener in just 30 seconds, that is less than the time you would require to think of a hairstyle.
- Moreover, the Philips hair straightener has an auto shut-off feature which automatically switches off after 60 seconds when not in use.
- This advanced hair straightener also has a special key lock feature that keeps your flat iron safe and secure.
- This wonderful super stylish Philips hair straightener will cost you Rs.3695. You can also buy it from Amazon for Rs.2999
6) PHILIPS KERASHINE STRAIGHTENER TEMPERATURE CONTROL HP8318/00
Now you can get all the benefits of an advanced Kerashine straightener with the additional feature of temperature control.
- All Philips hair straighteners have one thing in common which makes them a class apart in comparison with other hair straighteners. And that is that you get complete silk pro care for your hair.
- With the help of this technology, you get super smooth silk hair with minimized heat damages every time you straighten your hair.
- Along with silk pro care technology, this Philips straightener is built with ionic technology as well. The special ionic conditioning feature releases negatively charged ions which remove static, frizz and intensifies the smoothness of your hair.
- In addition to that, it also makes your hair glossy and makes it look shiny. People will not even realize that you have straightened your hair all by yourself. Even you will feel as if you have stepped out from a saloon.
- It has two temperature settings one at 190*C and the other at 210*C
- You can use the lower temperature setting for intensive care from heat. And when you want professional style hair, you can shift to a higher temperature setting.
- Many people prefer this Kerashine straightener from Philips for two main reasons and that is- Firstly it heats up in 60 seconds. Secondly, it has extra-wide plates for a super smooth finish suitable for thick hair.
- The original cost of the straightener is Rs.2995. If you want to buy it from Amazon it will cost you Rs. 2765 excluding delivery charges. On Flipkart, it is available for Rs.2699
7) PHILIPS STRAIGHTCARE STRAIGHTENER BHS386/00
Now you can get the benefits of both Philips selfie straightener and Philips Kerashine straightener combined in one.
- The star wide handle and the extra-wide plates of the straightener make it is for you to hold and straighten your hair comfortably.
- IT has two temperature settings. Like you already know, the lower temperature setting for intensive care and higher temperature setting for professional hairstyles.
- This Philips straightener has both the technologies which give super smooth and super straight silky hair. The ionic technology will control your frizz and make your hair appear glossy plus shiny.
- In addition to that, the silk pro-care technology would ensure to minimize heat damages to your beautiful hair.
- Now you can look gorgeous and sexy by straightening your hair with this straightener which has keratin plates. The plates slide super easy and you would get perfect party hair in just a few minutes.
- I am sure you are eager to buy this wonderful Philips hair straightener. It will cost you around Rs.2395. The same model of this Philips straightener is also available on Flipkart for Rs. 1799
8) PHILIPS STYLE CARE ESSENTIAL HEATED STRAIGHTENING BRUSH BHH880/10
When talking about the best Philips hair straighteners, how can we forget this wonderful straightening brush which is the newly added member to this beautiful straightener family?
- Now you can forget that you would have to skip your breakfast to get silky straight hair for any official or personal occasions. With the help of this Philips heated hair straightening brush, you can get straightened hair in just 5 minutes.
- It has two temperature settings to suit your hair type- one at 170*C and the other at 200*C
- The paddle has an extra larger brush area which is 15 % larger than conventional hairbrushes. The bristles are acted with keratin which smoothly glides through your hair giving you smoothly finished straight hair.
- The silk pro hair care technology ensures that there are no heat damages due to regular straightening. In addition to that, this straightening brush heats up in just 50 seconds.
- This brush has been specially been manufactured with three bristles designs. This helps you do two things in one go. Firstly, it detangles your hair as you comb and makes sure that there is no damage to your hair scalp. Secondly, it leaves your hair smoothly finished and straightened.
- When the brush is heated up and is ready to use, it is indicated by LED buttons. So you wouldn’t need to sit beside a clock and count 50 seconds.
- Now the best part, it is suitable for both thick hair type and thin hair type.
- You can get this lovely straightening hairbrush for Rs. 3495. It is also available at Rs.2699 on Flipkart
Must read product reviews with the price:
CONCLUSION AND SHOPPER’S GUIDE:
So my dear readers here is the complete information on how to curl straighten your hair with Philips straightener. Apart from sharing with you how to do both curling and straightening your hair with a flat iron, I have also provided a detailed description of every model of Philips hair straighteners.
Before choosing the best model according to your need, there are few things you need to keep in mind. Philips Kerashine hair straighteners are suitable for all hair types. But Philips selfie hair straighteners are more suitable for thin hair types. As Kerashine Philips hair straighteners are comparatively costlier than Philips selfie hair straightener, you can buy the later for thick hair type too. The only thing you need to keep in mind is that you have to take the smallest section possible each time you straighten your hair.
The most important thing you have to make sure of before straightening or curling your hair, and that is to apply the serum before and after use. Advantages of serum I have already explained in the above sections. But in case you don’t have hair serum, you can also use any no-sticky or argan hair oil.
So with this, I conclude all the tips and information on how to curl and straighten your hair with Philips hair straightener. If you have any other suggestions or you like our review, do share, comment, and like us on Facebook and Pinterest. Happy shopping until we meet next time!